Parents and the School
For home-school links to be effective there must be a three-way partnership involving parents, their children and teachers. In order to achieve this we welcome parents into school and we provide as many opportunities as possible for communication to take place.
There are opportunities for prospective parents to look around the school, for new parents to meet their children’s teachers prior to entry and several formal and informal meetings between parents and teachers throughout the year. A full written report is sent out towards the end of the academic year.
We also ask that, if parents have any concerns, however small, contact is made with the school to make an appointment to see the Class teacher, Deputy Head teacher or Head teacher. In this way, small problems do not develop into large problems, and we all have a better understanding of the children. In the same way, teachers will keep in close touch with parents, making contact whenever any matter needs to be discussed.
We are keen for parents to help voluntarily in the school and we are grateful for the interest they show and the support they give to the children’s learning.
We welcome the participation of parents in class activities and particularly appreciate help with hearing children read, cooking, art, craft and computer work.
- Parents are invited to class and seasonal/special assemblies.
- Assistance on class outings is always welcome.
- The Governing Body has five parent representatives.
- There is no formal PTA but some parents help with fund-raising activities to support the School and some help, from time to time in the classrooms.
- For security purposes parents are asked to report to the office whenever they come into school.
- We ask parents to sign in and wear a badge if helping in the school.
Parents should notify the Class teacher of any dental/doctors appointment during School hours. A letter giving a reason for any absence should also be sent.
All holiday in term time requests must be made in advance. Forms are available from the school office.